3 Ways to Stretch Away Joint and Muscle Aches
If staying active is an important part of your life but creaky knees, ankles, backs and other joint aches make walking, running and other activities difficult, Try stretching the pain away with these joint stretches!
You can do these simple exercises
just about anywhere, and you can feel relief in a very short time.
Joint Stretches to Ease Back Pain
- Get down on the floor on your hands and knees. Hands should be shoulder-width apart and knees slightly apart
- Arch your back and tuck your head in. This helps your hips naturally tilt forward.
- Hold and breathe
- Relax, and repeat.
Spine Stretches to Promote Flexibility and Health:
- Sit on the floor with legs bent to either side.
- Put the soles of your feet together and lower your knees as far as you can.
- Grip your ankles and lean forward from the hips to hold the stretch, keeping your spine as straight as possible.
- Hold for 30-45 seconds
Leg Stretches to Relieve Knee and Hip Pain:
- Sit on the floor with your left leg straight out and right leg bent to the side
- Loop a towel around the left foot and hold both ends
- Push your leg against the towel until you feel the stretch in the back of the left leg. Hold for 10-15 seconds; repeat with right leg.
How to get the most from your joint stretches routine by following these simple tips:
- Keep on breathing deep and regular to begin the joint stretches
- Never bounce your way into a stretch
- Hold each stretch for 30 seconds
- Do not stretch to the point of pain. If it starts to hurt—stop.
These statements have not been evaluated by FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.